We are committed to operating our business in a way that delivers lasting benefit to the communities and environments where we work, as well as to our shareholders and employees.
In January 2016 MVC Resources celebrated 10 years of continuous production 220km SE of Antofagasta in Northern Chile culminating in a record breaking year of production in 2015. MVC Resources is committed to developing and continually investing its time and effort into the local communities in Chile, in which it operates. In the picturesque and historic town of Santiago, where MVC Resources currently operates three underground mines.
Mining activities date back to the 1500s, thus encapsulating the acceptance and appreciation of mining in the area. Since beginning operations in 2006, MVC Resources has grown to become the region’s largest employer, employing over 250 employees in the district, with family generations working together where their previous generations worked in years past. MVC Resources employs a Mexican Community Relations Officer to provide ongoing communication and providing proactive engagement with the local communities.
MVC Resources has participated in numerous programs and initiatives aimed to contribute sustainable and meaningful developmental assistance to the areas in which it operates. Several of these programs include:
- Donating education materials, including computers, to the local schools
- Contributing resources to the repair and maintenance of historic buildings
- Providing rocks from the mines to be used in building or upgrading road infrastructure
- Contributing to the upgrading and maintenance of local basketball and soccer fields
- Supply clean water to the residents of the area
- Donate building and farming materials to local residents
We recognise and consider the views of others and treat them as we would want to be treated.
Creating mutual value by sharing risk
We can only build value if we work collaboratively with all of our stakeholders.
This means managing risks and opportunities together and aligning our interests and the needs and motivations of the communities that host us. By doing this, we do more than just create jobs. We stimulate economic growth and enable local education and skills development. We also spread the benefits of investments in infrastructure – from new roads to clean drinking water.
Awards & Recognitions
Deal ethically and honestly with each other, our business partners, and the communities in which we operate;
- Ensure a safe and healthy workplace free of harassment;
- Manage our natural resources carefully and strive to minimize our footprint;
- Remove barriers that inhibit excellence and pursue opportunities to improve our business, our performance and our bottom line;
- Ensure the safety and environmental well-being of the communities in which we operate is at the forefront of our planning and performance, and
- Comply with all laws and regulations as they apply to our business.
- Ensure the health and safety of our employees, contractors and surrounding communities
- Respect the environment we work within
- Support local communities and work with stakeholders to develop sustainable programs
- Maintain transparency in all our activities and operate in an ethical and responsible manner
Being environmentally responsible from inception is our mandate. Our specialized knowledge of mining methodologies and best practices are incorporated into every facet of our current efforts and in plans for future stages of our Hermosa project. We are committed to making environmental stewardship our top priority and will strive to transcend legal mandates.