In January 2016 MVC Resources celebrated 10 years of continuous production 220km SE of Antofagasta in Northern Chile culminating in a record breaking year of production in 2015.
MVC Resources is committed to developing and continually investing its time and effort into the local communities in Chile, in which it operates. In the picturesque and historic town of Santiago, where MVC Resources currently operates three underground mines.Read More
READ THE MESSAGE FROM OUR CEO
MVC Resources aims to create universal values for mankind through ecologically sound development. Therefore, we wish to become not only a good business partner and collaborator, but also a true friend of the resources endowed countries and mining site communities around the world. For that, we are ready to share the added value we will create together for a mutually beneficial co-existence.
We ultimately want to be your one-stop resources business window in Chile, maximizing each other’s forte and meeting each other’s needs.
Michael Barame, CEO
Our strategy for growing our mining business is based around three pillars.
The first pillar of the strategy for the mining division is to optimise and enhance its existing core business: Los Pelambres, Serenidad, Antucoya and Amancaya.
The second pillar of the strategy is to achieve sustainable, organic growth from further developing the areas around the Group’s existing asset base in Chile: Encuentro Oxides, Centinela Molybdenum Plant, Los Pelambres Incremental Expansion and Centinela Second Concentrator
The third pillar of the strategy is to seek growth beyond the Group’s existing operations – both in Chile and internationally. The focus is on potential acquisitions of high-quality operating assets and high-potential early-stage developments.Read the story
Deal ethically and honestly with each other, our business partners, and the communities in which we operate;
- Ensure a safe and healthy workplace free of harassment;
- Manage our natural resources carefully and strive to minimize our footprint;
- Remove barriers that inhibit excellence and pursue opportunities to improve our business, our performance and our bottom line;
- Ensure the safety and environmental well-being of the communities in which we operate is at the forefront of our planning and performance, and
- Comply with all laws and regulations as they apply to our business.
- Ensure the health and safety of our employees, contractors and surrounding communities
- Respect the environment we work within
- Support local communities and work with stakeholders to develop sustainable programs
- Maintain transparency in all our activities and operate in an ethical and responsible manner
Being environmentally responsible from inception is our mandate. Our specialized knowledge of mining methodologies and best practices are incorporated into every facet of our current efforts and in plans for future stages of our Hermosa project. We are committed to making environmental stewardship our top priority and will strive to transcend legal mandates.